Monday, November 06, 2006

Florence Tourist House

This was the B&B that we stayed in for our visit to Florence. The room was decent, on the 3rd floor. You could take the "elevator" up - it held 1 person and suitcases, or 2 people with no baggage. Or, you could just walk up the stairs - which I did most of the time. It was interesting at night as all the lights were on a timer. I got caught one night in between floors when the lights went out... it was pitch black and I had no idea where I was for a few seconds... it was rather entertaining... from then on.. I'd race up the stairs to hit the lights so that they wouldn't got out on me again.
I have no idea why all the doors are SO BIG! One theory I've heard is that in the olden days, the doors had to be that big in order to get your horse inside. That's a pretty darn big horse if you ask me! You can't see it, but my head is basically where the door handle is.
One of those windows up there is ours....
Our room! Not huge, not small, but comfortable.

No comments: