Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Not a Resolution, but a Personal Choice

When I began my journey on Tuesday January 2, 2007, I weighed in at 140.1 lbs. Not great. Kinda chubby. According to the BMI (Body Mass Index) test that I took at Fitness World (my first visit) I was labelled "at risk" according to their standards. At risk for obesity. How f**king scary is that! I took them up on their free 1 week pass. Sadly, I didn't make it in as much as I wanted that first week (stupid snow), but I managed to get to Vinces' Step Class on January 3, and another step class on Jan 8 at the Kingsway location plus an extra hour devoted to Cardio Stripping (I'm dead serious on that). Now... that's more than I've done in a long time - yay me! I weighed myself on Thursday January 4. 139.8 lbs. Okay, not bad, I've lost a little bit - woohoo! Didn't make it out much the next week due to snow and "female issues" but by mid-January, I was back in the proverbial saddle! I signed up for a membership at Fitness World (all locations) on Monday January 15 then headed back to Kingsway for some more step (it's like a dance really) as well as Sveta's Cardio Strip class. Again due to snow issues, I failed to make it to Vinces' class again... But, I did make it back to Power Hour Aquafit on the 18th. And, another weigh in. 138.4 lbs. That's almost 2 pounds in as many weeks! I won't know the score until this Thursday, Jan 25, so I'll update you then. I will say though, I made it once again to Step on Monday, and I just got home from Deep Water Aerobics at Eileen Daly pool tonight :)
Wish me luck! And thank you to those that have been extremely supportive, I don't think that I could be THIS motivated without you. And I know that Sean at FW will never read this, but he's a huge motivator to me so thank you to him too. Besides, I like the shit and abuse he dishes out each week.

No comments: