Thursday, September 14, 2006

Time is Running Out

Well, well, well... It's Thursday, and in 8 sleeps from now, I'll be on a plane on my last vacation of the year. I'm heading to London to visit the Queen! Okay, so I probably won't run into Her Majesty while I'm there, but there will lots of other sights for me to see. I am meeting up with my friend Jennifer who currently lives in London. We'll have 1 day in London together before we head east. She and I are taking a trip together to Italy. I'm sooooo excited! I've never been to Italy before. We are going to Florence and Rome, and will probably do a day trip to Siena and to San Gignalmo, which are just slightly south of Florence. We are going to spend 9 beautiful days in Italy - eating, drinking, and taking it all in. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to want to come home after this one. After Italy - we are heading back to London when I will spend just shy of a week visiting with hopefully a few other friends I've met through the ages, and seeing the sights. There are a few places I've been to in London, and quite a few I haven't and I intend to see them all. I haven't seen Jennifer since she was here at Christmas and I think it will be great to spend some quality time with her. I'm also hoping that my friend Trina who is also from Vancouver and currently residing in the UK will come down for the last weekend that I am in London. I am also hoping to catch a rugby game that my friend (so, we've never met, but he comes highly recommended by my friend James in Australia) Phil will be playing in, which will also hopefully result in a very messy night out on the town. I've also written to 2 other seriously cool people who live in Scotland, and I'm hoping to have a pint with them as well. I just need to make it through the next 6 working days, and this weekend. I have a rather large list of things I NEED to sort out here before I take off and as each day goes by, my list appears to get LONGER and LONGER! It's frightening! Saturday alone is a crazy day - car appt, nail appt, hair appt, 2 birthday parties... I think that if I sit down at all that day - I'll never get up!

Phew - I get tired just thinking about it all... I promise that I will try and post while I'm abroad - probably not photos, but if I can get on and at least share my thoughts... I will :)

Wish me luck!

No comments: