Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rant of the Day

So, it's been a few days since I last ranted. Monday night at GM Place was Hockey Day in Vancouver, an event where Team Canada Olympic hopefuls came to Vancouver for a team practice (we're talking NHLers people), as well as an intersquad game between the red and white teams of our World Juniors 2006 Team Canada. A really great fun evening before the start of the 2005/2006 NHL Hockey Season. Everything was great. Bertuzzi was there (my favorite) as well as 2 other canucks Jovanoski and Morrison, plus 34 additional Canadian NHLers. In search of food I went after the practice. After standing in line for 45 minutes, I made it to the front of the WhiteSpot Counter to be told that they were out of hamburger buns. (NOTE: I REALLY REALLY want a Cheeseburger). Okay, so, now I'm tired and hungry and it's not looking good on the cheeseburger front. One fellow concedes and agrees to make me cheeseburger, but he's going to have it cut in half and stuck in a hot dog bun. Okay, I'm okay with that, I really need to eat at this point. It comes back with no cheese. So, I send it back... again.... At this point, the fellow serving me, rings in my purchase, and charges me full price. Now I ask you, is this fair? Should I pay full price for an item I'm technically not getting? Since then, I've spoken with the head of food and beverage and he's sending me a ton of food coupons for GM Place. I'll keep you posted on how much I receive for my poor service.

No comments: